What do we need:
- Pumpking/Mathanga– 250 gm diced
- Red chori /vanpayar – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 3
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Garlic – 2 small pods
- Black pepper corns – 5-6
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 4-5
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook the vanpayar till soft.
- In another vessel cook the pumpkin with salt, turmeric, chilli powder, sliced green chillies and salt. Use enough water to cook the pumpkin.
- Meanwhile grind 1/2 cup coconut, garlic, black pepper corns and cumin seeds into a fine paste adding water if needed.
- Add the ground paste and the cooked vanpayar to the cooked pumpkin and mix well.
- In a frying pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add the dry red chillies, curry leaves and the remaining coconut. Roast the coconut till it turns deep brown.
- Add this roasted coconut to the pumpkin and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice……
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites