- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. red bean paste, or miso
- ½ tsp. white peppercorns, roasted and ground, or ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 19-oz. pkg. extra-firm silken tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, bean paste, peppercorns, salt, cayenne, and cloves in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Add oil, let warm 30 seconds, then add garlic. Stir-fry 6 to 7 seconds, or until garlic is pale golden. Add tofu, then add bean paste mixture and ginger. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until tofu is heated through, shaking pan or gently stirring to toss tofu in spice mixture. Stir in green onion and sesame oil. Transfer to bowls, and serve warm.
Source: Vegetarian Times
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites