Garlic, Chickpea and Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 12 ounces potatoes, diced
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Silk(tm) cream (or other non-dairy cream)
- 2 tablespoons light tahini
- 7 ounces spinach, shredded
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onions until soft and golden. Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook for one minute. Add the stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and simmer for another 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Mix the cornflour, cream and tahini together. Stir into the soup with the spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, stirring and simmering for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites